Carrying on with the utility cupboard on the back porch, today I tackled the second box on the top shelf.
Most of this junk belongs elsewhere, and it took less than 15 minutes to dispose of it properly. I’ll spend another 15 minutes advertising the unopened box of Gulf Wax on Freecycle and responding to emails of interest.
- Put away the cleaning supplies, Christmas tree bulbs, mask, wire and tape.
- Freecycled the paraffin (Gulf Wax)
- Disposed of the ancient tube of Marine sealant at a local depository
- Recycled the round plastic lid
- Threw away the nearly fossilized blue wire strips
So the top shelf of this:
Now looks like this:
Note the label on the shoe box showing the three items we will store here: Picture hangers, light bulbs and glue. This is subject to change as we continue clutter clearing our closets, but we have a plan for now, and space for more items we need to keep handy but out of sight.